About the courses
Level 2 & 3 are more advanced courses covering environmental emergencies, a life threatening medical and trauma conditions. These courses are conducted with scenario simulations.
It is recommended that a learner progress starting with Level 1 and moving on to the next level. A combination course can be done consisting of Level 2 & 3.
Who can benefit from the courses
General public or nominated First Aiders at work, to equip themselves with the basic skills to assist an injured or ill person until medical help arrive or while transferred to a medical facility.
First Aiders who want to progress to the next level.
- Level 2 is more in depth training to the Level 1 content with additional Environmental emergencies
- Level 3 covers additional introduction to various systems of the body as well assistance during Emergency Childbirth.
- Define First Aid and the role and responsibilities of the first aider.
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Primary and Secondary Patient Assessment
- Introduction to various systems of the body
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Adults, Children and Infants
- Airway management and breathing emergencies
- Medical Emergencies
- Recognition and management of Internal & External bleeding.
- Recognition & management of shock.
- Management of superficial and serious burn wounds (1st, 2nd, & 3rd degree burn wounds)
- Recognition and splinting of open, closed and complicated fractures.
- Recognition and treatment of sprains, strains and dislocations.
- First Aid Treatment and Management of the following injuries but not limited to:
- Head injuries
- Eye injuries etc.
- Environmental emergencies
- Heat stroke
- Near drowning
- Bites & Stings e.g: snake bite, spider bite, scorpion & bee sting
- Assistance with Emergency Child Birth
Duration and time allocation
Level 2 - 3 days
Level 3 – 5 days
Daily from 8:30 till +/- 16:00
Department of Labour approved
Valid for 3 years
Level 2 is R850 per person
Level 3 is R1350 per person