About the course
This course is aimed at employees to create an awareness of a safe workplace, being able to early identify potential hazards in the work area. Create an awareness of a "duty of care” towards fellow workers.
This course will assist you as employer, according to the OHS Act, in your obligation towards employees to provide the necessary information, instruction and training to ensure their Health & Safety. Company requirements & procedures requested can be discussed and incorporated to assist in specific needs for the training.
- Identify potential hazards in the work area
- Correct use of PPE (Personal Protective equipment)
- Good Housekeeping principles that include necessary fire, safety & informtive signes in the work area
- Operatiing a fire extinguisher
- Regular inspections of the work area, tools and equipment
- Introduction to the role & responsibilities of the appointed Health & Safety Representative
Duration and time allocation
One day – 8:30 till 16:00
R450 per person
Umbono Training certificate